Director of Product Marketing - (Remote, US)
It’s an exciting time at Crossbeam. Just one year post-launch, we have hundreds of companies using our platform, raised more than $15M of venture capital from leading VC firms, and are working with awesome strategic investors like Salesforce, Hubspot, and Slack. Best of all, we’re just getting started. In a market full of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have an unwavering long-term vision and the funding to see it through at full speed.
Crossbeam helps companies partner with each other in a more data-driven way by acting as an escrow service for data. Our platform allows companies to find overlapping customers and prospects with their partners while keeping the rest of their data private and secure.
As the team’s first Product Marketing leader, you’ll own the Product Marketing function from end-to-end. You will be supported by talented peers across the business, including our co-founders and key stakeholders in Product, Sales, Content Marketing, Design, and Customer Success. The challenge you’ll tackle at Crossbeam is unique, and exciting for the right candidate — we’re leading the way in creating a new category of software, and communicating Crossbeam’s value is core to that mission.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Marketing Director with experience at fast-growing, disruptive SaaS companies.
- Development and execution of core product positioning and messaging, including product differentiation, sales enablement, website content, launch announcements, customer case studies, product guides, and documentation.
- Infusing our Product Marketing message into the entire buyer and customer journey through close collaboration with our product and content marketing teams.
- Building a deep understanding of Crossbeam’s features and becoming one of our product’s most informed power users.
- Regular participation in senior-level discussions with the Board and Exec team regarding product strategy and positioning.
- Appearing publicly on product webinars, industry panels, and other events to spread Crossbeam’s awareness and messaging.
- Over time, hiring and managing additional Product Marketing team members to increase the impact and effectiveness of the Product Marketing organization.
- Influencing our Product roadmap by infusing marketing data and strategic insights into our Product prioritization work.
- Analysis of user experience data and user research to inform product messaging and strategy.
These are some of your traits:
- You have a depth of experience in product marketing and may also hold experience in some combination of marketing, product, communications, and technology.
- You lead with empathy for the user. You understand their pain points and what constitutes success.
- The idea of working in a fast-paced startup environment excites you.
- You are a power user of SaaS products, specifically B2B.
- You believe in the value that successful partnership programs can drive.
- You are able to distill and communicate complex product features into digestible and motivating communications.
- You’re not afraid to speak up when you have a point of view, but can “disagree and commit” once a final decision is reached.
- You believe in creating space for people with different backgrounds and viewpoints to share their opinions in a respectful environment.
- You have an unrivaled work ethic, and are excited to learn from the team around you while leveling up our existing product marketing efforts.
- You have the ability to create a big picture strategy while executing on details.
HOW WE WORK
Our team has always emphasized remote work, with teammates in the Philadelphia area and distributed across the country. We’re committed to a remote-first culture, with the majority of our collaborative work happening on Slack and Zoom.
When we’re able and when travel feels comfortable, we’ll celebrate with team offsites and events about once a quarter, and welcome our remote team to join for some facetime whenever they can. In the meantime, we’re focused on creating the best experience possible for new team members from a distance.
This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Crossbeam is a partner ecosystem platform that helps companies build more valuable partnerships. We have an office in Philadelphia as well as a number of remote teammates across the US.
Trust is our business. We create value by building trust in our company, our team, our technology, and our network. Never let anything compromise that trust.
Feed the Network. Our customer network is our most valuable asset. Prioritize its growth.
Equity. We will build a workplace that ensures everyone access to the same opportunities to share in our success.
This is Fun. Few people are lucky enough to do what we do. Follow the fun in every step of the journey.
This is a salaried role. In addition, Crossbeam offers:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Parental leave
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan
- 401k Plan
Fully remote candidates are encouraged to apply. We have an office in Center City Philadelphia which we’ve closed temporarily due to COVID-19, with everyone working remotely. When we’re comfortable reopening the office, local candidates are also welcome to work from our Center City Philadelphia headquarters some or all of the time.
Crossbeam's core value of Equity sits at the heart of our hiring process, and we're proud to be building a culture where difference is valued. Applicants from diverse and non-traditional backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.