Software Engineer - Fullstack (Remote Only)
We are a globally distributed team working across multiple timezones. Our developers enjoy flexible working in a good support remote environment with solid remote practices in place. Our team has been working remotely for some time, even pre-dating the pandemic shift.
We are primarily focused on building new systems in current and active languages with extensive reliance on cloud infrastructure (primarily in AWS). We have significant systems built using Java (Spring Boot), Angular, Ruby, & Python running on Elastic Kubernetes Service from AWS and we maintain existing systems built in C#, Java, Angular, PHP, & Python on traditional EC2 with and without any configuration management (Puppet).
That said, the technologies and stacks on which we build our digital product will belong to the team and be shaped by you, in this role.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of relevant systems and business goals to guide you in designing and building effective solutions.
- Enjoy the flexibility of working with the latest Backend and Frontend stacks.
- Own and architect foundational business services.
- Establish and help maintain test-driven development principles
- Communicate and partner cross-functionally with teams in product and software development.
- Drive new product initiatives forward by thinking creatively and with good judgment.
What We Need
- A self-starter who discovers practical solutions to hard problems and enjoys minimizing complexity along the way.
- Eagerness to collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing software solutions.
- A desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across nations and timezones in a flexible workspace built and defined by you! Read more about our Remote Working Manifesto.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment
- Our Core Engineering Team Values sound a lot like you, and sound like the people you want to work with.
- You are committed to diversity and inclusion. At Magic Memories, we interact with millions of people across hundreds of sites in over 20 countries globally. Your unique history, culture, and community perspective are invaluable to the team we are building.
- Experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies.
- Experience with containerization
- Team leadership experience and a desire to mentor other software developers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar education.
- 5+ years of professional experience in building distributed systems and web services in a variety of languages and platforms.
The Interview Process
A typical candidate interview could last up to two hours. We value the input and participation of our team in every hire, so you might have anywhere from three to five total interviews with team members such as our Product Manager, the CTO, and other Software Developers. We also believe that assigning extra time for evaluation helps to increase interviewer accuracy in candidate assessments. Our aim in this process is to reduce our personal biases in order to find talent that can add to our overall team knowledge.
- Competitive salary for your role
- Health, vision, and dental insurance (depending on domicile)
- Generous annual leave and holidays
- A remote-only team to add flexibility to your daily life