Senior C++ Developer
We are looking for a talented fully remote C++ Developer to help us build a world-class client app.
So far, we have been able to build a solid, scalable time-tracking product. Now, we need your help to expand it to a new audience. You’ll work on the most relevant features we need to build to deliver our roadmap. With your help, Hubstaff can become the best available product in the market.
Why Work With Us:
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space. Here are some reasons why you should consider joining us:
- We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside Senior C++ Developers who like to write their own programming languages.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital for the company’s future. We will rely on you to deliver the functionality to help our product stand out.
- We work from anywhere. You work from where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
- We work on our own timezone. You'll be asked to have a regular work schedule but the timezone you follow is up to you (ideally overlapping with our European or American teams).
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who can grow with our products for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop core features of our product, including functionality to process location tracking from mobile devices.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Communicate with the Client Lead and with the CTO to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 3+ years of experience with C++.
- Knows how to write clear specification docs.
- Understands how to build scalable products.
- Is action-oriented and can communicate effectively to drive the product forward.
- Knows Git.
We have a small (but growing) tight-knit engineering team. We have a server-side, client-side, product, and QA teams that all work together closely. We work in sprints and have async daily stand ups over email. We pride ourselves on doing upfront design, so every project has wireframes, mockups, and a well thought through specification before we start writing any code. We like to work smarter, not harder. Team members are not expected to work more than 40 hrs/wk. Work/life balance is very important to us and our culture. We even have #adventure and #hobbies channels on Slack where we routinely share what we're up to outside of work.
We have fun while we work and our annual retreats are a big highlight of our year. Here's a video from our last retreat. https://hubstaff.wistia.com/medias/9pyt01aemt
- Flexible schedule
- Remote / Work from home
- Annual retreat
- Job security / Long term