We’re looking for a passionate Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Consumers squad to help us build Pulse, our solution to delivering rapid, actionable insight to lenders. The Consumers Squad is a cross-functional agile team of Engineers and Data Scientists collaborating to create actionable insight using consumer data.
You’ll spend your time:
- enhancing Pulse to provide new features that improve it’s configurability, flexibility and scalability
- working closely with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to evolve the end-to-end product, enhancing the value of the insights returned to lenders
- discovering product features our lenders and consumers truly love through feedback, research and A/B testing
- supporting the Commercial team and Product Managers in pitching the product to prospective clients and explaining technical details
- collaborating with your team and the rest of the Product group to prioritise and plan the most important projects to work on next
You should apply if you:
- have built scalable, robust, well-optimised web applications
- have designed, built, deployed, and hosted applications and services on a major cloud-provider
- advocate for and practice Test Driven Development (TDD) as an integral part of your software development life-cycle
- ensure a high-quality of code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast-growing organisation
- are comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-end
- have excellent communication and people skills and enjoy engaging and working with different types of people across an organisation
- enjoy working from idea to delivery in an agile way, including discovering and defining new product features in an iterative way
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have experience with UX frameworks for desktop & mobile development & testing
- have experience of JSON schema design and validation
- have strong proficiency with Python
- have worked with python based web frameworks (Flask, Django)
- have a good command of relational databases and SQL
- have worked with microservices hosted on Kubernetes clusters either as a stand-alone or as a hosted cloud-service (AWS ECS/EKS, GKE or Azure AKS)
- have experience with CI/CD and related tools (Travis, Jenkins)
- have a good track record of project leadership and mentorship of software engineers
- have a strong community involvement (open-source, conferences, meetups, etc)
- have experience in a range of Amazon Web Services solutions
- have experience in consumer credit, FinTech, or Financial Services — an interest in and willingness to learn about consumer credit is imperative
- have experience of information and data security in a financial or similarly regulated environment
- 28 days holiday (in addition to public holidays and includes 3 days over Christmas)
- Competitive salary
- Bupa Private health insurance
- Personal development budget
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Time off to volunteer for good causes
At Aire, we exist to make credit equitable for everyone: free from bias and free from prejudice — for the world. A bold mission that we’re resolute on doing the right way: always putting our approach to regulation and our laser focus on the needs of the consumer above a quick win or a fast result.
As part of our diverse team, you’ll be working on one of the hardest problems in consumer credit, helping us deliver a credit system upgrade so valuable that it stands to benefit all of us: our friends, our family, our loved ones.
Previously Shoreditch-based, we’ve been working remotely since March. Long since believing that the future of work should be built around true flexibility, we have now moved to a remote-first approach on a permanent basis. Yet central to our culture are the strong relationships established away from the meeting room so we’ll be putting in place regular ways we can be together again in person. While remote work may be our default, seeing each other in person will, as soon as we feel it’s safe to do so, become our routine.
Aire is authorised and regulated by the FCA in the UK since 2016, we have been working with lenders offering a range of credit products, and we have been fortunate enough to have our work recognised in multiple industry awards. We’ve made great strides so far but there is much to be done and we want you to be part of our next phase.
Our core product, Pulse, delivers rapid, actionable insight to lenders. It gives them a clearer picture of the current financial situation of their existing customers. Pulse takes care of customer outreach to collect data directly from consumers and builds insights that lenders can act on. Built to be repeatable and scalable, we are constantly discovering new problems Pulse can solve for lenders and introducing new functionality.
How we’re organised
Our organisational design at Aire, does not separate Product and Technology. Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists are all working together to solve problems as one Product Group. We've organised our Product Group into three cross-functional teams (which we call squads):
- Consumers squad — Focussed on interactions with consumers and consumer insight
- Lenders squad — Focussed on interactions with lenders and product configuration
- Platform squad — Focussed on product infrastructure and the deployment pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.