Senior Full-Stack Engineer
*this role is full-time, and fully-remote*
About the role
kea is looking for Full-Stack engineers to join our team to build enterprise and user-facing software. You will be responsible for building applications used by thousands of restaurants to help them serve millions of customers. This will require translating product and design decisions into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and lots of code!
Projects that we’re excited about for you
- Web application for our power users to simultaneously process orders and label voice data for our machine learning models
- Web and mobile application for our customers and partners to self-service configure AI and view metrics
- Internal applications for our team to understand what’s happening across thousands of restaurants and hundreds of thousands of phone calls on a daily basis
- Features and automations for our voice product
What your day-to-day might look like
- Prototype and architect frontend applications, design reusable components, and develop best practices for engineering
- Building middleware web services and APIs to connect with your frontend applications
- Collaborate with the product managers, product designers, and engineers to develop and build complex user-facing products
- Iterate on the software development process to test, review, and deploy our products faster
Launched in 2018, kea is one of the fastest-growing companies changing the way restaurants operate. Headquartered in Mountain View, California, we are building a team that is excited about our mission: drive the world’s commerce by empowering restaurants to operate more intelligently and own their relationship with customers. We created partnerships with Domino’s Pizza, Five Guys, Donato’s, and, most recently, Primanti Brothers, and we keep on expanding! The first product in our platform, keaVoice, takes orders over the phone at a high level of efficiency and consistency so that restaurants can focus on making delicious food.
Core values: One unit, high velocity - be compassionate and care for others - be open and transparent - play to win the long game.
Adjusting during COVID: We believe that transparency should be the core of running a business effectively during these disruptive pandemic times. The main challenge for us as a start-up team was to stay socially and emotionally connected. We learned to listen better to support each other in business and life: from checking-in regularly to having virtual/or physically distant celebrations and happy hours, and sending little surprise deliveries to cheer our teammates up. Little acts of kindness go a long way!