Senior AWS Engineer
Looking for an individual who is passionate about learning new things and solving problems. Must possess an extensive and deep understanding of AWS, and the ability to pick up and learn new AWS offerings often. Join us and help our organization practice DevOps methodologies!
- Help architect, design, and implement AWS services at all levels of the organization
- Work with and enable a large variety of teams and their AWS needs
- Create and manage infrastructure 100% through CloudFormation and code
- Focus on scaling our platform
- Optimize network traffic through various AWS services
- Monitor and tool stability/performance metrics
- Analyze DB performance and bottlenecks
- Share on-call rotation duties
- Support innovation efforts and identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission capabilities
Organizational AWS Areas of Focus
- Lambda/API Gateway
- Containerization (Docker, Beanstalk, ECS)
- Business Intelligence (Redshift, QuickSight, Kinesis)
- Machine Learning (SageMaker, ETL items)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about learning new things and solving problems
- 12 or more years of experience in software development and solution architecture
- Extensive and deep understanding of AWS, and the ability to pick up and learn new AWS offerings often
- A focus on performance, stability, and security in every task
- Superior written and communication skills with ability to interface with various groups such as project team, and senior executives
- Strong capability and extensive experience in developing and writing technical solutions
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- TypeScript and Node experience
- Postgres/MongoDB/Redis experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Working in beautiful Cache Valley with access to an exceptional outdoor lifestyle, a university campus nearby, and the chance to test the fitness products we create.
- Highly competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Full benefits package (Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision and Life insurance)
- 401(k) with company match.
- A PTO policy that ensures you are able to find a happy work-to-life balance.
- Access to cutting-edge technology and hardware for work and fitness.
- Collaborative work space and environment.
- A free beverage center and snack bar to keep you hydrated and fueled throughout the day.
**Not all perks are applicable to all positions and/or locations**
A bit more about us
We're a group of talented designers, developers, marketers, and sales associates that are part of the larger, 2,000+ ICON Health & Fitness corporation. We have the flexibility and feel of a startup company with the security and benefits you would find in a broader corporate environment.
- Excellent health, vision, dental insurance
- 401k match
- Excellent PTO
- MacBook Pro and external monitor
- A cell phone of your choice + monthly phone plan
- Free piece of fitness equipment of your choice
- Continuing education opportunities
- Highly competitive salary and compensation package
- Great health, dental, vision, and 401K
- Strong & healthy distributed team environment
- Yearly pay/performance evaluations
- Regular team meet-ups
- All equipment provided: MacBook, phone and phone plan, tablets, etc.
- Signing bonus of fitness equipment (treadmill, bike, etc)
- Fitness equipment discounts
- PTO and personal leave