Preferred Timezone: (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time +/- 6 hours
Do you dream of applying your awesome React ninja skills to build cutting-edge blockchain-based applications? Then you've come to the right place! Backed by Bain Capital Ventures and Stanford University's StartX Fund, Hummingbot is the leading open source algorithmic trading platform for digital assets. With our liquidity mining platform, we are revolutionizing the way financial markets are created and traded.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer, react js specialist, to help us implement new features as well as manage and maintain our Hummingbot Miners web application @ https://miners.hummingbot.io. The front-end engineer role will also help us to implement a newly re-designed company website @ https://hummingbot.io.
We're an experienced, highly technical team of traders (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) and engineers (Apple, BlueJeans, serial startup founders) who are searching for the right person to work on our front-end applications.
What you'll be doing:
* Ship code and deploy daily
* Build and maintain modern decentralized web applications
* Work on an application that analyzes and presents trading, markets, and financial data for cryptocurrency traders
You're a great fit if you're:
* Strong technical expertise in modern web development framework, toolsets, and development methodology
* Extensive experience working with React/Redux or similar front-end frameworks, with at least 3-5 years of professional work experience
* Strong design focus with command of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies.
* Experience in setting up front end test suites (unit and integration).
* Basic knowledge of databases, MySQL.
* Basic knowledge of python and experience with python frameworks like Django.
The kind of engineer we are looking for:
* Has painstaking attention to detail and takes pride/ownership in your code and the quality of work you produce.
* Committed to development best practices.
* Resourceful and autonomous when taking on tasks, while at the same time able to collaborate closely with teammates.
* A fast learner who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world.
* Have interest in and basic knowledge of blockchain technologies.
Nice to have:
* Previously owned or currently own a CryptoKitty
* Experience trading cryptocurrencies or other assets
* Previously used online trading platforms (e.g. Coinbase, Robinhood, ETrade)
Perks at Hummingbot:
* Become a core member of an experienced, global team founded in Silicon Valley that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
* Competitive salaries
* Work hard, have fun culture
* International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
* Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy
* Sharpen the saw! Company-sponsored training programs and continuing education
Backed by Bain Capital Ventures, 1kx Capital, and Stanford University's StartX Fund, Hummingbot is the leading open-source algorithmic trading platform for digital assets.
We're an experienced, highly technical team of traders (Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan) and engineers (Apple, BlueJeans, serial startup founders) that is well-established in crypto, blockchain, and machine learning.
We have worked hard and take pride in cultivating an amazing team comprised of highly-motivated, self-driven, and collaborative professionals. We have a work hard, have fun work environment and respect each team member's work/life/health balance.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote / work schedule flexibility
- Training opportunities and professional development
- International conferences / company meet-ups
- Company game nights