Olive’s AI workforce is built to fix our broken healthcare system by addressing healthcare’s most burdensome issues -- delivering hospitals and health systems increased revenue, reduced costs, and increased capacity. People feel lost in the system today and healthcare employees are essentially working in the dark due to outdated technology that creates a lack of shared knowledge and siloed data. Olive is designed to drive connections, shining a new light on the broken healthcare processes that stand between providers and patient care. She uses AI to reveal life-changing insights that make healthcare more efficient, affordable and effective. Olive’s vision is to unleash a trillion dollars of hidden potential within healthcare by connecting its disconnected systems. Olive is improving healthcare operations today, so everyone can benefit from a healthier industry tomorrow.
Olive is made possible by a technology platform which makes bot training repeatable and fast. Software Engineers work with the Olive Product Management team to deliver features utilized by automation teams to improve their ability to train Olive fast and reliably. Our team gives Software Engineers the ability to own independent small-to-medium features all the way from technical design to launch. A successful Software Engineer will possess strong analytical as well as technical skills, and have the ability to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-technical stakeholders.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product Managers to design and implement features
- Ability to meet deadlines and satisfy requirements from other Engineers and Product Management
- Peer review and code review participation to provide valuable feedback during every step of the development process
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented code
- Communicate effectively and efficiently across all divisions including with the business, technical teams, and leaders
- Take technical ownership of tasks and successfully work independently
- Demonstrate the ability to become a domain expert in projects
- Mentor and lead junior engineers on multiple tasks or projects
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with various SQL and NoSQL databases
- Healthcare experience strongly preferred
- History of designing and delivering software solutions to real world problems across a variety of technology stacks and programming languages
- Experienced in the development of highly maintainable and reliable code using practices such as unit testing, integration testing, proper code documentation, and appropriate logging
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamentals engineering concepts
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Experience writing and reviewing detailed Technical Design Documents (TDDs) is a plus
About Olive AI
The people behind Olive are a passionate team of innovators – every employee here is a game-changing part of transforming the future of healthcare with AI.
Olive is a hyper-growth company that hustles daily to drive our mission forward. All of our teams work together to create the best possible experiences and products for our customers.
The Grid – The future of work
Just like technology, times are changing fast and flexibility is an advantage, now more than ever.
That’s why Olivians can work from anywhere.
We call it The Grid – a Distributed Growth Plan, because we believe small teams move mountains and working where you’re most productive is pretty intelligent.
So, what’s it mean to be ‘on The Grid?’
To Olive, being “on The Grid” simply means you are actively working. The work model empowers Olivians to work wherever they most effectively drive the company mission forward, be that at home, in a cabin, on the beach, or in one of our offices.
Our headquarters, referred to as The Hub, is proudly housed in Columbus, Ohio, and we have dedicated teams that work at AlphaSites: onsite AI command centers built within customer health systems across the country, as well as sub-stations (workspaces that house 10+ co-located Olivians anywhere in the country).
The best part?
Olivians can freely move from The Hub to any substation across the U.S. based on personal preference or customer needs – we even encourage like-minded Olivians looking to create a substation in a new market to lead the charge.
Today, there are many great benefits of working at Olive – from free health insurance to unlimited PTO, and more – but the ability to work at your best, no matter where you are, creates empowerment in our employees and deep connections in technology communities across America.
- Free Healthcare
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(K) Match
- Work-from-home monthly stipend (The Grid stipend)
- Lunches provided
- Distributed Work Environment (see The Grid)